Private Owner Wagons A Sixth Collection
- Private Owner Wagons A Sixth Collection
- This sixth volume follows the familiar and much acclaimed format of this series and takes a look at another wide range of wagons and their operators. Over eighty businesses are identified and the text is illustrated with more than 250 photographs of the wagons and their places of work. Each of the businesses is given a short history, together with all known details of their wagon fleet.
- A further section looks back over all of the previous volumes and adds new material, both photographic and documentary, which has come to light since the original publication.
- As in the earlier volumes, reference is made to where models of the wagons illustrated can be obtained and a full list of sources for the original material used to compile this book is given.
- It is not only railway modellers that will find this series of interest but also industrial and social historians seeking details not only of the coal trade but of many other diverse industries once the backbone of British manufacturing.
- 184 pages, 2007, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889259
- ISBN-13 9781899889259
£21.00 Order or Enquire via email