Private Owner Wagons A Fourteenth Collection
- Private Owner Wagons A Fourteenth Collection
- This is the final volume of the author’s seventeen year excursion into the field of the Private Owner Wagon. It features extended coverage of two of the most important names in British Industrial History; the Staveley Company in Derbyshire and Dowlais in South Wales. Also featured is a pioneering exploration into the field of repairing wagons on the road and a Nottinghamshire industrial plant that was intended as a substantial contributor to the war effort but ended up abandoned after working for only a few months. Confirmatory material for this feature was found in a wartime government food trade journal, thus expanding the varied sources of information which can be useful.
- Once again the volume is profusely illustrated with a variety of wagons covering both a large geographical spread of England and Wales and a wide spectrum of operators; from big industrial conglomerates to wagons operated by the local greengrocer, fruiterer or innkeeper and butcher. Such is the diverse nature of Private Owner Operation which is what make the study of them so fascinating and informative.
- 152 pages, 2016, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 191103817
- ISBN-13 9781911038115
- Available NEW from Stock Now Price: £22.50
Order or Enquire via email