Private Owner Wagons of the South-East
- Private Owner Wagons of the South-East
- This volume continues the area studies started by Ian Pope and Richard Kelham. The book covers operators at home on the lines of the South Eastern & Chatham Railway and its successors the Southern Railway, and so covers all of Kent, part of East Sussex and the SE&CR line to Reading, Berkshire. Whilst largely a rural area it did have its own coalfield which developed much later than the rest of the British coalfields. Much of the coal trade in the south-east came by sea into the coastal ports and was distributed from there.
- The book is laid out line by line and is profusely illustrated with photographs and items of ephemera. It also has a comprehensive listing of all the private sidings listed in the appendix to working timetables of the SE&CR and the Southern Railway.
- 192 pages, 2016, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1911038060
- ISBN-13 9781911038061
- Available NEW from Stock Now Price: £22.50
£22.50 Order or Enquire via email