Private Owner Wagons An Eleventh Collection
- Private Owner Wagons An Eleventh Collection
- In his eleventh exploration of Britain’s industrial history, the author has focused on two giants whose names may not be well known. Both were innovators in their respective trades; from very humble beginnings working as a boy in a Lancashire coal mine Joel Settle rose to be a dominating figure in the north Staffordshire coal industry, his innovations changing its face forever.
- Alfred Baldwin came from a family of Black Country ironmasters to rescue an ailing family ironfoundry from dereliction as a stepping stone to the founding of one of the largest and best known iron and steel manufacturers in the country – in addition his only child became Prime Minister of this country.
- Also included is a world heritage site in the Blaenavon Ironworks; an oddity from the Gloucester works designed to transport brine from a mineral spring to a world-renowned hotel; and a very familiar name which once adorned petrol pumps throughout the country. Few of these images have been seen before.
- 168 pages, 2012, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 189988968X
- ISBN-13 978-1899889686
£21.00 Order or Enquire via email