The Flower of Gloster
- The Flower of Gloster
- This is another printing of onme of the classics of canal literature. Temple Thurston's book, first published in 1911, is the story of a leisurely voyage in a narrow boat with Eynsham Harry the boatman and Fanny the horse, up the Oxford Canal, along the Warwick Line, and down the Stratford-upon-Avon; then by Avon and Severn to the Thames and Severncanal and so to the Thames again.
- There is nostalgia here, for now we can only cruise up the Golden Valley in the pages of this book; the humour and good writing bring impatience to turn the page and see what is round the corner. But all is no nostalgia, for the other waters he travelled still lie open to new discoveries at the price of a week's boat hire.
- 244 pages, 1972, Case bound, 5¾" x 8¾"
- David & Charles Publications
- ISBN-10 0715367099
- New-Out of Print
- Pre-Owned, very good, minor spine fade
£12.00 Order or Enquire via email
- Top of Page
The Canals Of The British Isles
The Canals of The North of Ireland
The Canals of North West England Volume 1
The Canals of The South of Ireland
The Canals of Scotland
The Canals of South and South-East England
The Canals of South Wales and the Border
The Canals of South West England
The Canals of Yorkshire and North East England
Inland Waterways Histories series
Waterways to Stafford