Maritime History Volume 2
- Maritime History
- Volume 2
- The history of merchant shipping is a subject that has been attracting considerable attention in recent years. The journal Maritime History has become established as one of the leading publications in the field and there is little doubt that the 1972 issues, bound together in this book, will prove to be a reference work of lasting value to the maritime historian, and indeed to all who are interested in ships and shipping
- The articles that appear in Maritime History are written by leading authorities and cover a wide range of subjects including: marine insurance and the trade in Rotterdam 1755-63; a Cunard guidebook of the last century; investors in London shipping, 1820-50; a study of the Tyne Steam Shipping Company in the late nineteenth century; and a bibliography of maritime history published in 1970.
- In addition to the articles ther are book reviews, illustratuions, and the notes and news section which give a comprehensive account of currenr research and activities relating to maritime history.
- Please note the description was taken from inside the book and represents the situation in 1973
- 244 pages, 1973, Case bound, 5" x 8½"
- David & Charles Publications
- ISBN-10 0715359878
- ISBN-13 9780715359877
£8.00 Order or Enquire via email