The Caledonian Dunalastairs
- The Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes
- Locomotive Monographs Series
- In this book O.S.Nock traces the history of their design, construction and performance, with the aid of many official drawings, test results, and the diaries and recollections of men who drove, fired and maintained them.
- They were long lived engines, economical and trouble free to maintain, and by the solidarity of their construction they outlived most of their contemporaries on other railways. The story is traced through to the last of the Caledonian line, the 'Pickersgill bogies', which though not strictly 'Dunalastairs' were derived directly from them. To the last they retained that natural nobility of outline, whether in 'Caley blue', 'Midland red' or in the final 'lined black' of British Railways
- 159 pages, 1968, Case bound, 7½" x 10"
- ISBN-10 0715342517
- ISBN-13 9780715342510
£20.00 Order or Enquire via email
£16.00 Order or Enquire via email