4-8-0 Tender Locomotives
- 4-8-0 Tender Locomotives
- Locomotive Studies Series
- by D.Rock Carling
- This book tells the story of the 4-8-0 from its tentative beginnings over a century ago in USA. It developed there to ever larger sizes for heavy haulage in the hills and mountains, eventually to be used in all the continents, 'from China to Peru'
- Emphasis is on the general technical features of the locomotives themselves, but aspects of their work and operation are also described. The pros and cons of the type are set out and it is compared with others.
- There are details of a little known Russian class and of an American experimental high-pressure locomotive
- 112 pages, 1971, Case bound, 7½" x 10"
- ISBN-10 0715352040
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, excellent
- Pre-Owned, very good, minor cover edge wear
£18.00 Order or Enquire
- David & Charles Publications