The GWR Stars, Castles and Kings Part 2: 1930-1965
- The GWR Stars, Castles and Kings
- Part 2: 1930-1965
- by O.S.Nock
- The second volume of this book opens at a time when Great Western locomotive practice and performance was indisputably pre-eminent. Design at Swindon had reached a degree of finality, and the achievements of the King class engines made it appear that little more could be done with the basic Churchward 4-6-0 design. This book traces the remarkable story of how Swindon came to be eclipsed by other design centres, and yet nearly 20 years later staged such a remarkable come back as to regain, if not pre-eminence yet certainly parity and with the same family of locomotives.
- 160 pages, 1970, Case bound, 7½" x 9¾"
- ISBN-10 0715351494
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, minor dust jacket wear and tear
£8.00 Order or Enquire
- Pre-Owned, very good
£10.00 Order or Enquire
- David & Charles Publications
- Related Titles
- The GWR Stars, Castles and Kings Part 1: 1906-1930