The GWR Mixed Traffic 4-6-0 Classes
- The LNER 2-8-2 and 2-6-2 Classes
- A locomotive engineer of the modern age once said of the Great Western that not everyone of the old companies was so fortunate as to have a Churchward, followed by a Collett, followed by a Hawksworth. Not only was it a succession of very able men, but they were men who maintained a continuity in practice. Thus the story told by O.S.Nock in this book, although extending over 65 years of railway history and development, is one settled, uniform policy, unique on the railways of Great Britain.
- This is the story of the mixed traffic 4-6-0 locomotives used in those 65 years of continuity - the story of the Halls (6959 class), the Granges, Manors and County classes, all of which are still remembered for their rugged adaptability and excellent performances. Mr Nock illustrates and exemplifies the hard facts by way of eyewitness accounts, photographs, comprehensive tabular material and, above all, his keen and penetrating text.
- 1978, Hardback, 86 pages, 5¾" x 8¾"
- ISBN-10 0711007810 Print Code:DX/0978
- ISBN-13 9780711007819
£8.00 Order or Enquire via email