The LNER 4-6-0 Classes
- The LNER 2-8-2 and 2-6-2 Classes
- Wherever the British steam locomotive is discussed the name of the late Sir Nigel Gresley takes on a dominant position because of his persistant advocacy of the 'Big Engine Policy'. The locomotive classes described in this book exemplified this policy. With the exception of a solitary experimental 2-6-2 design, which never saw any commercial employment, it was Gresley alone who built 2-8-2 and 2-6-2 tender locomotives.
- Among the LNER examples of the types can be found some of the most interesting and significant steam engines ever to have run in this country. The story of these engines is a story of mingled success and disappointment and in this book the story is recounted in a realistic manner against the general economic background and in the light of world locomotive practice.nbsp;
- 1973, Hardback, 111 pages, 5¾" x 8¾"
- ISBN-10 0711004277 Print Code:10429 EM 373
- ISBN-10 9780711004276
£8.00 Order or Enquire via email