Monorails Of The 19th Century
- Monorails Of The 19th Century
- This volume records the development of the monorail railway from its inception in the 1820s, when conventional two rail railways were still in their infancy, through to the construction of the successful Wuppertal Schwebebahn built at the end of the nineteenth century. In addition to their history, a full technical description of each unique system is provided together with drawings and illustrations. The book is based on original documentation and full references are provided to enable further research.
- Many of the designs were eccentric and few were commercially successful but this energetic period of industrial growth encouraged novelty. This book is the story of these unusual railways and their inventors.
- 288 pages, 2011, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Black Dwarf Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889574
- ISBN-13 978-1899889570
Available NEW from Stock Now
Order or Enquire