Monorails of the Early 20th Century
- Monorails of the Early 20th Century
- This volume follows on from Monorails of the 19th Century and continues the history of monorails from 1900 to just after the Second World War.
- A detailed history and explanation is provided of the gyroscopic monorails by Brennan, Scherl and Schilovsky, as well as that of the Bennie Railplane. Monorails built outside the UK, in particular in the USA, are also covered including the monorail built and operated in the Death Valley desert during the 1920s. Appendices update the earlier volume with further discoveries and with developments on the Schwebebahn in Germany and the reborn Listowel and Ballybunion Railway in Ireland.
- The book is based on original documentation and full references are provided to enable further research.
- 208 pages, 2016, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1911038125
- ISBN-13 9781911038122
- Available NEW from Stock Now Price: £25.00
Order or Enquire via email