Buildings for Model Railways
- Buildings for Model Railways
- by Maurice H.Bradley
- Railway modelling is one of the most popular of hobbies and the enthusiast has a wide range of model locomotives and rolling stock available of excellent quality. Sooner or later, however, he will wish to provide a convincing setting for his layout and this book describes how this can be achieved, explaining how model buildings to the highest standards can be made form readily available materials.
- Most of the drawings included are based on actual buildings and apart from such railway structures as stations and signalboxes, the author includes details of churches, inns, cottages, town houses and small industrial buildings, in fact the whole range of stuctures required to complete a miniature townscape. There is also a chapter dealing with the preparation of backgrounds to complete the scenic picture.
- Apart from the interest to the railway enthusiast, making model buildings is a fascinating and rewarding hobby in its own right. It does not require expensive tools or materials and can be practised just as easily on a card table in front of the fire as in a well equipped workshop. It can open the door to a whole new world (albeit a miniature one) of history, colour and charm.
- 96 pages, 1983, Case bound, 6½" x 9¾"
- ISBN-10 0715383434
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, very good, light page ageing
£10.00 Order or Enquire
- David & Charles Publications