The Forest Of Dean Branch
- The Forest Of Dean Branch
- Volume 2 - The Churchway & Whimsey Branches
- This book, covering the Churchway and Whimsey branches of the Great Western Railway, completes the author's two volume history of the fascinating Forest of Dean branch.
- It deals with both the railway and the varied industrial concerns it served, paying particular attention to Forest collieries, all illustrated with many previously unpublished photographs. The Northern United Colliery, opened at Churchway in the 1930s, is particularly well served by a series of excellent pictures.
- Well written and generously illustrated, this book and its companion Volume 1, provide a handsome record of probably the most overlooked of all Britain's industrial areas and will be of great interest to railway enthusiasts and industrial historians alike.
- 200 pages, 1997, Case bound
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 1874103364
- ISBN-13 9781874103363
Available NEW from Stock Now
£27.95 Order or Enquire via email