Past And Present Kent and East Sussex
- Kent and East Sussex
- Past And Present No.20
- British Railways Past and Present is a nationwide series of books featuring photographs of railway locations taken several decades ago and comparing them with the same scene today. Such is the current pace of change on our railway system that even a few years can reduce a busy and vibrant railway scene to a wasteland or housing estate - or conversley can bring electrification and up to the minute technology to an outdated, run down route.
- The contrasts are often dramatic, while sometimes hardly anything has altered in 30 or 40 years. Whatever the change, the comparision of past and present will intrigue not only the railway enthusiast and historian, but also anyone interested in our recent history.
- In this volume covering Kent and East Sussex are over 260 photographs featuring: Lines to the Kent coast; Margate, Ramsgate, Folkestone and Dover. The East Sussex coats; Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings. The North Downs, Oxted and Medway Valley Lines. Closed routes to Gravesend, Whitstable, Westerham, Groombridge etc. Preserved lines; the Bluebell Railway, the Lavender Line, the Kent & East Sussex and the East Kent Railway.
- 144 pages, 2004 reprint, Laminated card covers, 6¾" x 9½"
- Past and Present Publishing Ltd
- ISBN-10 1858950449
- ISBN-13 9781858950440
£14.00 Order or Enquire via email