E.J. Bedford of Lewes
- E.J. Bedford of Lewes
- Photographer of the London, Brighton & South Coast Railway
- In his lifetime, Bedford's railway photographs were rarely reproduced, his moving train photographs being occasionally employed to illustrate articles in the Railway Magazine in the early 1900s.
- Consequently, his photographs, which date from the late 1880s to 1935, have not received the attention they deserve and the bulk are published here for the first time. The majority of photographs were taken at his home town of Lewes, Cooksbridge, Newhave, with others taken on occasional visits to Hastings, Shoreham and Haywards Heath.
- A limited number of views on other railways (GWR, GNR and Midland) all in outer London suburbs are also included.
- This book was intended as a catalogue raisonne of Bedfords railway photography. All his known photographs have been included with the exception of a limited number of views which proved untraceable
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 0906867754
- ISBN-13 9780906867754
- Available NEW from Stock Now Price: £14.95
£14.95 Order or Enquire via email
£7.00 Order or Enquire via email
£5.00 Order or Enquire via email