Petroleum Railtank Wagons of Britain
- Petroleum Railtank Wagons of Britain
- Rail tank wagons have been used for carrying petroleum and allied products in Britain from the 1870s to the present day.
- Virtually all of these wagons have been privately owned. The responsibility for design work has also been in private hands. While before World War Two, most owners followed the guide lines laid down by the Railway Clearing House, after World War Two many notable advances in design were made by new petroleum wagons. Indeed, the latest British petroleum wagons are now probably the most advanced wagon designs in the whole world today.
- This book represents the first thorough treatment of the whole subject and it is hoped that it will be useful to the petroleum industry, railway historians and railway modellers. For the benefit of the last named, wagon drawings are reproduced to the modelling scale of 4mm/ft.
- 1980 1st Edition, Hardback and Dust Jacket, 140 pages, 8½" x 12"
- Tourret Publishing Publishing
- ISBN-10 0905878027
£40.00 Order or Enquire