LSWR Railway Album
- London & South Western Railway Album
- The London & South Western Railway was a company of great character. Right from 1850, its locomotive department was always commanded by engineers who made a virtue of individualism.
- In its final years, the LSWR pioneered in the London area the third-rail suburban electrification method which the Southern Railway was later to adopt as standard for its whole system. Its early passenger coaches were spacious, well appointed and comfortable, and it had some notable achievements on the civil engineering side.
- The many absorbing facets of its character are captured in this album which portrays the development of its rolling stock, stations, signals and other engineering equipment as well as its locomotives.
- 96 pages, 1976, Case bound, 7¼" x 9½"
- Ian Allan Publishing
- ISBN-10 0711007446
- ISBN-13 9780711007444
£10.00 Order or Enquire via email