New USA Postal Rates July 1st 2020
- New USA Postal Rates may apply from the 1st of July 2020
- As of the 1st of July 2020 Royal Mail have changed the Postal rate for parcels to the USA. The USA has now been designated World Zone 3 and post classed as parcel products has a new pricing structure
- See the communication from Royal Mail below
- Price changes from 1 July 2020
Price changes to our International Parcel Services from 1 July 2020
Prices are changing for Royal Mail parcel products to the USA from 1 July 2020
As a result of exceptional cost increases outside of our control, we are reluctantly introducing pricing changes for parcels being sent to the USA from 1 July. We are limiting the increase to only recover the costs we are experiencing.
These costs are a direct result of:
An increase of more than 100% in the fees the US Postal Service (USPS) charges for the ‘last mile’ delivery of international mail
Securing air freight at inflated market costs due to a 95% reduction in air passenger flights globally following the outbreak of Covid-19.
At Royal Mail, we always aim to deliver the best value international services for our customers. We fully recognise that these changes are significant. This was a decision we reluctantly took but is necessary in view of the increased costs borne by Royal Mail.
Prices are changing for the following Royal Mail International parcel services to the USA for Personal, ‘On Account’ and Franking customers
International Tracked & Signed
From 1 July 2020 we will be increasing the prices of our parcel services to the USA and introducing a new World Zone 3. There are no changes to letter and large letter prices.
- Source - Royal Mail 01/07/2020
- See the following Royal Mail Link - https://www.royalmail.com/prices2020
- I will endeavour to send your parcel by the most efficient means possible but please contact me prior to purchasing