- Premier Line
- The Story of London & North Western Locomotives
- by O.S.Nock
- Of all the colourful railways that served Britain prior to the Big Four grouping of 1923, perhaps none has lived on so vividly in the memory as the London & North Western Railway. Its proud claim for itself of the title, The Premier Line, was in many ways a justified boast, as those who will read Mr Nock's tale of its enterprise must agree.
- In this book, the author traces the history of the LNW locomotives from early days to the grouping, discussing each design in detail and recalling some of the finest feats of performance each type achieved.
- A particular attraction of the book, which captures the authentic spirit of the golden age of railways, is a complete list of all LNW engine names.
- Many historic illustrations are included.
- 1952, Hardback, 240 pages
- Print Code: No Print Code
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, very good, some dust cover wear and tear now protected by a removable clear film
£14.00 Order or Enquire
- Ian Allan Main Page