Locomotives At The Grouping
- Locomotives At The Grouping
- No.2 - London & North Eastern Railway
- by H.C.Casserley & S.W.Johnston
- This is the second of four volumes inherited by the Group Companies in 1923, and lists locomotives taken over by the new London & North Eastern Railway in 1923, from the North Eastern, Great Northern, Great Central, Great Eastern, North British and Great North of Scotlands Railways and a few other small companies. There are details of all the main dimensions of each class.
- Historical notes and tabulated list of locomotives actually in service on January 1, 1923, or those already on order which would appear later in the year. Locomotives built subsequently by the London & North Eastern Railway during its 25 year reign are included.
- In the 24 pages of illustrations, which contain a selection of the many types inherited and a great number of pictures of the older classes which disappeared in earlier years, the changes in numbering and livery adopted by the
LNER before Nationalisation in 1948 can be seen.
- 1966, Hardback, 128 pages, 6½" x 8½"
- Print Code:1474/250/CXX/366
- Condition - Excellent, minimal dust cover edge wear
- Ian Allan Main Page
- Related Titles
- Locomotives At The Grouping, Volume 1 - SR
- Locomotives At The Grouping, Volume 2 - LNER
- Locomotives At The Grouping, Volume 3 - LMS
- Locomotives At The Grouping, Volume 4 - GWR
- BR Steam Locos, Volume 1 - Western Region
- BR Steam Locos, Volume 2 - Southern Region
- BR Steam Locos, Volume 3 - London Midland Region
- BR Steam Locos, Volume 4 - Eastern Region