Reflections on a railway career
- Reflections on a railway career
- LNWR to BR
- by J.M.Dunn
- A delightful, personal reminiscence covering 50 years in railways told by a man who has been a railway enthusiast from his earliest days. It tells the srory of his lifetime's hobby as well as his work in the locomotive and running or motive power departments of the London North Western, London Midland and Scottish and British Railways. Mr Dunn's candour and frankness is seldom found in railway writings and his pen portraits of the characters he met - and occasionally crossed swords with - are refreshing and often amusing.
- For the enthusiast there is a wealth of detailed description of locosheds, locos, failures, accidents, royal trips, spectacular runs and museums. The places principally concerned are Willesden, Abergavenny, Tredegar, Blaenavon, Llandudno Junction, Nuneaton, Coventry and Bangor and the tale gives a vivid word picture of what went on behind the scenes and of the trials and tribulations that beset a man 'running' a motive power depot.
- 1966, Hardback, 184 pages, 5¾" x 8¾", 510g
- Print Code: 1489/274/CEX/666
- Pre-Owned, excellent,small stains on flysheets caused by an old protective cover, dust jacket also excellent
- Ian Allan Main Page