- LMS Album
- by C.C.Dorman
- The London Midland & Scottish railway was by far the largest of the four groups set up by the 1923 amalgamation, including as it did over 10,000 locomotives of several hundred classes.
- In presenting a volume such as this it is obvious that only a small proportion of these can be represented, and pride of place must naturally be given to a reasonable selection of such better known classes as the Stanier Pacifics, the Royal Scots, and so on, together with some of the express engines of the London & North Western - Claughtons, Prices, Precursors, and the Midland Compounds and other outstanding types of a past decade such as the Caledonian McIntosh engines and the spectacular designs of the Highland, to mention only a few examples.
- Nevertheless it has been endeavoured to avoid as far as possible a monotonous succession of conventional views of well-known types and to include a proportion of more interesting and unusual views of the older engines such as will be beyond the recollection of members of the younger generation but remembered with nostalgia by the older ones.
- 1967, Hardback, 108 pages, 7½" x 9¾"
- Print Code: 1544/328/CEX/467
- Pre-Owned, dust cover worn with the a 1" tear at the bottom edge
- Ian Allan Main Page