The Great Eastern Railway
- The Great Eastern Railway
- by Cecil J.Allen
- Cecil J.Allen was born in Great Eastern territory, and served that railway for all but twenty years, until it became merged in the London & North Eastern Railway; since then he has remained closely in touch with Great Eastern affairs. This fourth edition has provided him with the opportunity, not merely for a complete revision of the book, but also to add to it a lengthyl new section describing the modern Great Eastern Line, which in its organisation, development and equipment is one of the most advanced sections of British Railways today.
- While the majority of illustrations in the earlier editions remain, a number of new pictures have been introduced of the present diesel and electric motive power, new stations, the latest electric signalling, and the highly mechanised marshalling yard at Temple Mills, a range of illustrations which provide a vividly contrasting review of what has happened during the course of the Great Eastern century.
- 1967, 4th Edition, Hardback, 242 pages
- Print Code: 1546/AEX/467
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, very good, some wear and tear
£10.00 Order or Enquire
- Pre-Owned, good, poor dust jacket
£6.00 Order or Enquire
- Ian Allan Main Page