Branch Line Album
- Branch Line Album
- by P.B.Whitehouse
- The allure of the branch line has been skilfully captured by P.B.Whitehouse in this largely pictorial evocation.
- It is not easy to define a branch line and the author has ranged widely, from such 'near-branch' lines as the Callander and Oban on the one hand to the Lyme Regis branch on the other.
- Past and present mingle happily. Abandoned branches, moribund branches, all find a place in this welcome miscellany. Steam naturally takes pride of place, but here and there diesels peep out in picturesque locations. Some of the branch featured are purely light railways, but most are off-shoots of the british and Irish main lines.
- 1962, Hardback, 128 pages, 7½" x 9¾"
- Print Code: 1123/719/350/262
- Pre-Owned, dust cover worn with the a 1" tear at the top edge
- Ian Allan Main Page