Steam Locomotives In Industry
- Steam Locomotives In Industry
- A Loocmotive Study
- by The Industrial Locomotive Society
- Many travellers have caught tantalisingly brief glimpses of industrial shunting locomotives steaming away in yards and private sidings adjoining passenger lines. Only rarely are industrial railway engines; there is a tremendously wide range of classes and liveries; seen at leisure by the public. But the Industrial Locomotive Society caters for an increasing number of enthusiasts, cultivating their love for steam power in the nooks and crannies of the country's railway system.
- In 1964, David & Charles published a brief illustrated introduction to the narrow gauge industrial engines, Steam on the Narrow Gauge. This larger work now brings together for the first time a representatiive selection of standard gauge industrial locomotives. Over 150 examples are illustrated, together with concise biographial and mechanical notes on each and an informative introduction.
- This, in short, is a unique work on little-known but increasingly sought for aspect of Britain's transport.
- 127 pages, 1967, Case bound, 7¾" x 10"
- No ISBN
- New — Out of Print
- Pre-Owned, good, cover worn and small tear, internals excellent
- David & Charles Main Page