Twilight of the Goods
- Twilight of the Goods
- Many years ago, Don Rowland set out to record the previously neglected subject of how goods were handled on British Rauilways. Gaining permission from the railway authorities, he sought to photograph and record the many thousands of goods wagons that existed in out of the way sidings, busy marshalling yards and industrial sites.
- This resulted in an unrivalled collection of images and information which Don has generously made available to fellow enthusiasts ever since, with his images illustrating numerous articles, publications and books.
- Now nearly sixty years later in Twilight of the Goods, Don relates how he started his epic quest and shows us through seventy seven selected images just how different the world of goods on the railways was before Beeching, Marples and the age of the Motorway.
- 80 Pages, 2019, Case bound, 9" x 8¼"
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-13 9781912038671
- Available NEW from Stock Now Price: £14.95
£14.95 Order or Enquire via email