Middleton Press - Branch Line to Wirksworth
- Branch Line to Wirksworth
- through the Ecclesbourne Valley
- by Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith
- Part of the Branch Lines Series
- The Ecclesbourne Valley has had the joys of a railway for around 150 years, but it was not until 2005 that this name was applied. Local quarries made great use of it until 1989. The limestone deposits were used in various ways, including cement manufacture, sugar making and steel flux. The subsequent changes in private ownership, together with visits to its amazing past, are extensively illustrated herein.
- 96 pages, 2017, Printed board covers, 6¾" x 9½"
- Middleton Press
- ISBN-10 1910356107
- ISBN-13 9781910356104
- Pre-owned, as new, authors signatures on flysheet
- Middleton Press Main Page