Railways In The West Midlands
- Railways In The West Midlands
- D.J.Norton's pictorial survey - Part One
- Part One - LMS Western Division Lines
- Dennis John Norton was born in Birmingham in March 1930. He developed an interest in railways early in his life and started photographing locos, stations and lines at the age of 17, just as British Railways were taking over from the Big Four. His interest continued right up to his premature death as the result of an asthma attack in August 1965. Throughout his time, his camera was primarily pointed at subject related to the LMS Company. Hel held a lineside pass but his concept of Lineside seems at odds with what authorities intended. Standing in the middle of the main lines, walking through tunnels and even climbing signal posts were frequent activities. The result of all this disobedience is a collection of photographs containing many unique and unusual views.
- Part Two covers the former Birmingham & Derby Junction Railway and later lines connecting to it
- Part Three covers the former Birmingham and Gloucester Railway and later lines connecting to it.
- 143 pages, 2008, Laminated card covers, 11" x 8¾"
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 1905184506
- ISBN-13 9781905184507
Available NEW from Stock Now
Order or Enquire via email