From the Mendips to the Sea
- From the Mendips to the Sea
- An imaginary journey through the industrial landscape of North Somerset
- Benjamin Moon and his eldest son Joseph undertake an imaginary journey through the industrial landscape of the North Somerset countryside. Father and son lived and worked at the centre of the Somerset Coalfield, where, during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the town of Radstock found itself a focus of growing industrial expansion. Here is a record of that insular Mendip world, a world of pithead winding gear and chimneys, criss-crossing tramway tracks, railway inclines, embankments and bridges, drifts of steam and billows of smoke.
- 105 pages, 2015, Card covers, 8¼" x 8¼"
- Black Dwarf Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-13 9781899889990
Available NEW from Stock Now
Order or Enquire