Private Owner Wagons: An Tenth Collection
- Private Owner Wagons: An Tenth Collection
- The study of the Private Owner wagon and its place in the history of rail transportation in this country was almost completely ignored for many years, when this series was first published in 2004 only thirteen books had been written on it, now there are 25 and more in the pipeline.
- As the author expands in his introduction, the background of almost every wagon reveals an aspect of industrial and transportation history which has existed for over a century on a pathway previously unexplored. The origin of the word ‘petrol’ is revealed in this volume, as is that of the industrial giant Unilever. And how, otherwise would we have learned that a Lancashire brewer operated a fleet of tank wagons to draw artesian water from Burton on Trent to produce Lancashire ale. Images of few of the wagons featured have been published before, making this a new excursion into our country’s history.
- 160 pages, 2011, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889558
- ISBN-13 9781899889556
Out of Stock
- Alternative Copy - Pre-owned, excellent, light spine fade. Signed copy
£10.00 Order or Enquire via email