The Cathcart Circle
- The Cathcart Circle
- The Cathcart Railway was opened in 1886, before most of the homes it now serves were built. With a length of eight miles from Glasgow Central to Glasgow Central, it was operated by the Caledonian Railway from opening until grouping.
- Jack Kernahan provides a history of the line from the first plans until the present day, including motive power and rolling stock, electrification, track layout and signalling, and the role of the line in popular folklore. The text has been thoroughly updated for this second edition, with additional appendices, photographs and plans.
- Published in conjunction with the Caledonian Railway Association.
- 160 pages, 2011, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Black Dwarf Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889523
- ISBN-13 9781899889525
Available NEW from Stock Now
Order or Enquire