Private Owner Wagons of Gloucestershire
- Private Owner Wagons of Gloucestershire
- This volume is a companion to the author's previous work on wagons of the Forest of Dean. It takes a look at all of the known private owner wagon owners and operators based in Gloucestershire with almost 250 wagons being identified. It is illustrated with over 450 photographs, items of ephemera and maps, many of which are previously unpublished. Whilst the majority of the wagons belong to coal merchants there are also those for quarries, mills, a brewery and chemical works.
- As well as identifying the owners, the opportunity has been taken to give as much detail of their business as possible to give some idea as to how large the concern was and how long it was in operation. Thus, as well as being of interest to the private owner wagon enthusiast the volume also gives much industrial and social history for the county.
- 240 pages, 2010, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Black Dwarf Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 189988923X
- ISBN-13 1899889235
Order or Enquire