Robinsons Locomotive Liveries on the Great Central Railway
- Robinsons Locomotive Liveries on the Great Central Railway
- J. G. Robinson was appointed locomotive superintendent of the Great Central Railway in July 1900, the year after the opening of the extension to London.
- This volume describes in detail the full range of liveries that were applied by the Great Central to the twenty-eight classes of passenger, freight and mixed traffic locomotives, as well as the railcars, that Robinson designed for the company.
- Chapters give a brief history of each class of locomotive and detail the changes made to their liveries over time.
- The book is illustrated throughout with a selection of photographs to support the descriptions in the text and supplemented with colour sample panels typical of the liveries that would have been applied in the early twentieth century.
- 136 pages, 2013, Hardback, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889752
- ISBN-13 9781899889754
Available NEW from Stock Now
Order or Enquire via email