The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway
- The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway
- The Bennett Collection
- This volume, taking a look at the London, Brighton & South Coast Railway in the early years of the twentieth century, has been compiled mainly from the photographs taken by Henry and Walter Bennett of Hove. Neither were professional photographers but both had a good eye for an image plus a possible contact on the inside who let them know when a new locomotive was about to appear or of a specific event. Thus a number of their images are unique and many are reproduced here for the first time.
- The photographs depict a glorious period in British railway history, some of which is recreated by the Bluebell Railway in Sussex to whose East Grinstead appeal all of the royalties from this volume are being donated.
- 144 pages, 2011, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Black Dwarf Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889612
- ISBN-13 9781899889617
Available NEW from Stock Now
Order or Enquire