Creating and Edwardian Railway Masterpiece
- Creating and Edwardian Railway Masterpiece
- The Caledonian Railways Wemyss Bay Station
- by Jim MacIntosh
- First published as an article in Railway Archive this booklet looks at the Caledonian Railway’s station and pier at Wemyss Bay has long been regarded as a masterpiece of Edwardian design and construction.
- Built alongside the existing station in 1903, this book illustrates the construction process, carried out at a coastal location in all weathers and whilst maintaining a train service to the original station
- Having been restored by British Rail in the early 1990s, the station and pier are once again in need of major refurbishment. The Friends of Wemyss Bay Station have been formed as part of the ScotRail Adopt A Station programme, to promote appreciation of the station and pier, and provide support in as many ways as practicable.
- 32 pages, 2011, Laminated Card Covers, 8½" x 10¾"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889590
- ISBN-13 9781899889594
Out of Stock
- Lightmoor Press Main Page