Haymarket, Motive Power Depot, Edinburgh
- Haymarket, Motive Power Depot, Edinburgh
- A History of the Depot, its Work and Locomotives 1842-2010
- Built in 1842 as an engine shed for the Edinburgh & Glasgow Railway, Haymarket has served the railways that radiate from Edinburgh ever since. Haymarket locomotives and footplate crews partook in the Railway Races of 1895, and on the non-stops between Edinburgh and London before and after the Second World War. It is now the main DMU depot for Scotland. In this volume Harry Knox relates the full history of the depot, the motive power and the staff that have been based there, including analysis of the accidents and incidents in which they have been involved.
- 208 pages, 2011, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Black Dwarf Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889582
- ISBN-13 978-1899889587
Available NEW from Stock Now
Order or Enquire