Private Owner Wagons A Second Collection
- Private Owner Wagons A Second Collection
- by Keith Turton
- Following on from the extremely well received Private Owner Wagons : A First Collection this Second Collection of Privately Owned wagons again ranges far and wide and once more includes owners with hundreds of wagons in their fleet down to those with just a single wagon. Included are sixty-five owners, complete with a résumé of their business interests and their known wagon purchases. These owners are illustrated by over 270 photographs.
- Separate sections also look at the processes involved in getting a wagon load of coal between the colliery and the coalyard indeed right into an individual's coal cellar; the formation of Wagon Repairs Ltd; and some wagons registered on the Metropolitan Railway.
- Throughout, as in A First Collection, reference is made to where models of the wagons illustrated can be obtained and a comprehensive list of sources is given.
- 128 pages, 2004, Printed board covers, 8¾" x 11"
- Lightmoor Press
- ISBN-10 1899889140
- ISBN-13 9781899889143
Out of Print
- Alternative Copy - Pre-owned, very good, previous owners signature inside cover
- Pre-owned, excellent, previous owners signature inside cover
- Lightmoor Press Main Page
Private Owner Wagons