Great Western Steam Rail Motors
- Great Western Steam Rail Motors
- And Their Services
- Begun in 1985, this volume dedicated to the GWR's steam rail motors should logically have been the first part of the trilogy, but the definitive GWR Auto Trailers volumes were completed first. Now, after almost twenty years of painstaking research, the author has managed to complete this superb tour de force.
- Here, John Lewis discusses the history of this largely neglected subject, gives a detailed analysis of engines and cars, and considers the development of the various designs of GWR motors. For completeness, he also looks at the pre-grouping constituent companies' motors, none of which survived to work on the new, post 1922 GWR.
- Also included are full allocations of the SRMs, an in-depth stuffy of their work, and a view of some technical and operational documentation concerned with their construction and operation.
- This steam Rail Motor book is an essential for all lovers of the Great Western motive power and stock scene.
- Out of Print, 308 pages, 2004, Case bound, 8¾" x 11", 1500g
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 1874103968
- ISBN-13 9781874103967
£60.00 Order or Enquire via email