The Sheppey Light Railway
- The Sheppey Light Railway
- A thoroughly absorbing account of perhaps Colonel Stephens' most successful light railway. It possessed everything associated with his long lost empire: pavilion type station buildings, clinker and sleeper platforms, rustic fencing and minimal signalling.
- Although absorbed into the SE&CR, improvements never managed to erase the H.F.Stephens pedigree, which was apparent to the end. Whilst promoters' high hopes of transferring this Kentish island into a paradise for holidaymakers and residents failed to materialise, the light railway retained its usefulness for fifty years.
- Brian Hart's evocative portrayal of this Stephens line is highly original and sympathetically illustrated throughout with a wealth of photographs hitherto unpublished.
- 104 pages. Laminated Card Cover
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 1874103097
- ISBN-13 9781874103097
Available NEW from Stock Now
£14.95 Order or Enquire via email
£9.00 Order or Enquire via email