- LSWR Carriages
- Volume One 1838-1900
- by G R Weddell
- The locomotive history of the LSWR has been covered in great and careful detail in the four excellent volumes of LSWR Locomotives by D L Bradley. However, locomotives were, and are, only the means of moving the important part of any train, that is the revenue-earning passenger carriages and goods vehicles.
- The present work is therefore intended to complement those four volumes by tracing the development of LSWR rolling stock. The first volume covers passenger trains from the opening of the London & Southampton Railway in 1838 until the end of the nineteenth century, whilst the second volume will take the story on to the 1923 Grouping, including such limited information as is now available concerning non-passenger coaching stock and goods vehicles.
- 244 pages, 1992, Case bound
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 1874103089
- New — Out Of Print
- Pre-owned, excellent, as new
- Wild Swan Main Page
- Related Titles
- LSWR Locos No.1 - The Adams Classes
- LSWR Locos No.2 - The Drummond Classes
- LSWR Locos No.3 - The Urie Classes
- LSWR Locos No.4 - The Beattie Classes