Yeadon's Register of LNER Locomotives
- Volume Four
- Gresley V2 and V4 Classes
- Compiled by W.B.Yeadon
- Volume 4 turns to the V" and V4 classes. The Registar happily continues this firmly established, meticulous chronicle of the LNER classes. Justly creditied with a principal role in the RCTS locomotives of the LNER through to its completion, W.B.Yeadon has embarked on the chronological listing of all details relating to the locomotive stock - building and shopping dates, the various modifications, alterations, boiler and tender numbers, allocations and dates, renumberings, namings and finally the disposal of each locomotive. Illustrated from his photographic archive, The Registar leaves the reader in no doubt as to what happened to any particular LNER locomotive throughout its lifetime.
- Earlier volumes covered the various Pacifics of Gresley, Raven, Thompson and Peppercorn, and the great 4-6-4; this volume takes matters more into everyday heart of the LNER, where the V2s gathered to themselves all manner of tasks, through the darkest days of War to emerge as one of the most versatile and valuable (and attractive types grace the LNER and BR. Long hailed as vital to the Company's War winning maintenance and travels. The two little V4 2-6-2s provide a fascinating sub-text to the general story.
- 94 pages, 1992, Case bound, 8½" x 11"
- Irwell Press
- ISBN-10 1871608260
- ISBN-13 9781871608267
- Pre-Owned, excellent, light overall cover rub
- To Other Irwell Press Titles