Boots on the Line
- Boots on the Line
- Walking 1000 Miles of Britains Dismantled Railways
- by Stephen Lewis
- Great Britain once had an extensive railway network that extended to many remote rural communities. The railway closures, of mainly rural branch lines during the 1950s and 1960s, created a vast network of dismantled railway lines of about 7000 miles.
- This book is about exploring a significant part of that historic legacy, and is both a story and a practical guide. The participants have gone to great lengths to follow the trackbeds, and record the relics, of our old railways as carefully as possible during their 1000 mile exploration.
- The 32 walks on dismantled railways in this book, are described in meticulous detail, with Ordnance Survey grid references used throughout. The walk descriptions are also supplemented by over 200 photos that show the old lines as they are today (2007).
- 2007, Laminated card covers, 363 pages, 6" x 9"
- True To The Line Publications
- ISBN-10 0955723604
- ISBN-13 9780955723605
- New — Out of Print
- Pre-Owned, authors signature and a few tea splashes on the flysheet
£48.00 Order or Enquire via email
- True to the Line Publications Publishing