Past And Present
- The North West
- Past And Present No.3 - 1991
- by Paul Shannon & John Hillmer
- British Railways Past and Present is a nationwide series of books featuring photographs of railway locations taken several decades ago and comparing them with the same scene today. Such is the current pace of change on our railway system that even a few years can reduce a busy and vibrant railway scene to a wasteland or housing estate - or conversley can bring electrification and up to the minute technology to an outdated, run down route.
- The contrasts are often dramatic, while sometimes hardly anything has altered in 30 or 40 years. Whatever the change, the comparision of past and present will intrigue not only the railway enthusiast and historian, but also anyone interested in our recent history.
- 104 pages, 1988 reprint, Laminated card covers, 7" x 9½"
- Silver Link Publishing Ltd
- ISBN-10 0947971106
- New — N/A
- Pre-Owned, very good
- Past and Present Publishing Ltd