Southern England Railway History
- A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain
- Volume 2 - Southern England
- H.P. White has produced an eminently readable and highly informative account of the complex story of a region long distinguished by its prepoderance of passenger traffic. His approach is to trace the currents set up by the nineteenth century railway building, studying the interplay of cause and effect - the influence of the growth of the railway network on social, economic and physical factors, and , in turn, the changes wrought on the society, economy and landscape of the area by the presence of the railways.
- This new edition, which has four extra plates, has been thoroughly revised to bring the story up to the present time, (1992)
- 232 pages, 1992, 5th Edition, Case bound, 5¾" x 5¾"
- David & Charles Publications
- ISBN-10 0946537771
- ISBN-13 9780946537778
£14.00 Order or Enquire via email