Birmingham New Street Part 1
- The Story Of A Great Station Including Curzon Street
- Background and Beginnings. The years upto 1860
- The development of Birmingham as a major industrial and commercial centre began with the construction of the Birmingham Canal. The size and importance of the town grew rapidly as soon as railway communications were established and development of the central area into the form it has today, began with the construction of New Street station.
- The rise of Birmingham's importance was such that during the 1880s it was accorded City status while the station had to be doubled in size.
- Throughout its history New Street station has had considerable influence on the city's progress and development.
- 112 pages. Laminated Card Cover
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 0906867789
- ISBN-13 9780906867785
£14.00 Order or Enquire via email