- Volume 2 - The Drummond Classes
- This book deals with the locomotives of Dugald Drummond, the celebrated Scottish railway engineer born at Ardrossan. With an engineering background, his rise in railway service was meteoric from his appointment as Works Manager of the Lochgorm Works of the Highland Railway in 1867. In 1870 he assumed the same position at Brighton Works, moving on to the North British Railway as Locomotive Superintendent in 1875 and the Caledonian Railway in 1882
- After an unsuccessful independent business venture, he accepted the locomotive superintendency of the London & South Western Railway, and full details of the locomotives he designed for his company, successful and otherwise, and their daily duties are contained in this work.
- With an enviable reputation for excellent work, the author is justly renonwed for his classic locomotive histories. The manuscripts for the entire LSWR series had been completed before his untimely death in 1986, which sadly prevented him from seeing the present volume in print. However, subsequent volumes on Urie and Beattie classes have been printed and will stand as a memorial to his unfaltering dedication in recording the locomotive history of his primary interest, the London and South Western Railway.
- Out of Print, 234 pages. 1986 Case bound
- Wild Swan Publications
- ISBN-10 0906867428
- ISBN-13 9780906867426
£40.00 Order or Enquire via email