An Illustrated History of Southern Wagons Volume Four
- An Illustrated History of Southern Wagons
- Volume Four
- Compiled by G.Bixley, A.Blackburn, R.Chorley, M.King
- Covering the wagons built by the Southern Railway, this is the final volume in the 'Illustrated History of Southern Wagons' series, which also covers the London and South Western Railway, the London Brighton and South Coast Railway and the South Eastern and Chatham Railway, as well as the minor lines and the Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway
- During the 25-year lifespan, the Southern Railway operated some 69,000 wagons of different designs. This volume examines all the wagon types including open and closed goods wagons, livestock, timber trucks and coal wagons, built and opewrated by the Southern Railway between 1923 and 1948.
- The book is comprehensively illustrated with an extensive selection of photographs and line drawings, which are produced to 4mm scale. The remarkable illustrative content is supplemented by well-informed text and detailed appendices.
- 2002, Reprinted 2007(?), Case bound, 160 pages, 210 Black & White photographic plates and line drawings, 8¾" x 11"
- More OPC Publications
- ISBN-10 0860935647
- New — Out of Print
Order or Enquire
- Pre-Owned - Excellent
- OPC Main Page