The Directory of British Engine Sheds and Principal Locomotive Servicing Points
- The Directory of British Engine Sheds and Principal Locomotive Servicing Points
- Volume 1: Southern England, the Midlands, East Anglia and Wales
- by Roger Griffiths & Paul Smith
- In this, the first of two volumes entitled The Directory of British Engine Sheds & Principal Locomotive Servicing Points, Roger Griffiths and Paul Smith, members of the Engine Shed Society, have searched through the archives to produce the most comprehensive listing of all known locomotive sheds and stabling points in Wales and southern England. Each entry is provided with a location map and the text provides details about specific location (with Ordnance Survey map reference), operating company, opening and closing dates, a succinct history of buildings and a description of their style of construction, and much else.
- Comprehensive in its coverage, The Directory of British Engine Sheds & Principal Locomotive Servicing Points will become the essential work of reference covering all the locomotive sheds of Great Britains passenger carrying railways; it will be an indispensable and industrial archaeologists.
- 1999, Case bound, 210 pages, 8¾" x 11"
- More OPC Publications
- ISBN-10 0860935426
- ISBN-13 9780860935421
- Pre-Owned, excellent
- OPC Main Page